Thursday 11 November 2010

Analysis and Evaluation

The front cover of my magazine toke roughly 2-3 weeks to do. I like the masthead that was chosen because it was different, a short and catchy word and modern, its like a nickname with henry which is associated with the school which is called 'King Henry VIII School'. I think the size of my masthead is relevant because its big bold and has the colour school colour theme as its colour. However i tryed to make the yellow a bit more bolder but it didnt work i think it would of been more colourful and more eye catching if it did work though.  
    My main image is a medium close up of 3 girls that are in six form, i like my main image because it big and clear although it had to be miniminzed to fit in as an a4 page the width had to be smaller which makes it look a little bit squashed. In the picture there is nothing in the background except windows which stop distractions to the main image which is good, its colourful and i think its eye catching. The main image doesnt really indicate the main story but i think people would get the idea if they read the title because it has six formers in the image who look smart and intellegent. There are two subsidary images on the front cover of my magazine, I think the 'constrution picture' is a good size and you can see clearly what is happening in the picture and you can emphasise it to its title. The second image is of 7 pupils in there new uniform which look happy which is relavent to the title, however you cant see the uniform that clearly but i think its a good size image but maybe could of been a bit larger. 
   Sell lines and strap lines have been used on the front cover of my magazine. I used 'Henrys headlines' underneath the masthead which is bold and quite big but i think it could of been a bit bigger, i used the school colour theme again but the black outlining around the letters didnt come out well as i wanted it to. However i think the font is good and is modern. 
   The headings of the magazines subjects have again the same colour theme as the school but looking at it all finished i think i should of used a bigger size for the font to make it catch the readers eye. I feel that i should of made my titles more exciting and entertaining by using alliteration, if i could improve on the magazine i would do this. I Have checked over and all my spelling and punctiation is correct. I have used different font sizes and fonts atleast twice. I used a yellow as it is eye catchy and not a dull colour. 
   The design and layout of my magazine is well organsied, you can see all the images and nothing is overlapping anything. However i think i should of filled  the page a bit more this would be another thing i would go back and re-do. I think my front cover would be recognisable as a school magazine because it has relevant pictures and headlines that represent it. 
   Three strong points about my magazine is that the pictures are done well, like the camera angles and the way it has taken and there is no light hiding the pictures. I personally like my main image the best. Another strong point is my masthead, its bold, catchy and snappy and i think the colour of it is relevant because its the schools colour scheme and it stands out. Another positive point about the magazine is that there is no white spaces on the front cover, its all covered and it has no dull colours on the front of it.
    However three points that i would improve on would be to make the page be a bit more full not just have three subjects on the magazine. I would also make the font a bit more bigger so it would be more eye catchy and make people to read on and also make the headlines a bit more exciting.
Although i think i did well as it was my first time using programmes i never used before to complete my front cover of the magazine and feel i have put alot of effort in to try and make it look good.

No comments:

Post a Comment